Six Things To Remember When Attending Courtalmost 3 years ago fadzel
Behaving in court
You’ve read about our court system. How should you behave when you’re attending a court trial?
Keep these pointers in mind when you’re about to attend a trial.
1. Dress yourself in a decent and appropriate manner.
- sleeveless shirt
- mini skirts (above knee-length)
- sunglasses or dark glasses
- leather jacket
- inappropriate t-shirts
2. Remove caps, helmet or headgear before entering the courtroom
- Only Muslim headscarves or Sikh turbans are allowed
3. Turn off your mobile phone or other electronic device
- You don’t really want to know what will happen if your phone rings in the middle of a trial!
4. NO weapons are allowed in the court.
- You must be insane to even think of doing that in the first place.
5. Pay attention during court proceedings.
- smoke, eat or drink
- tease each other or laugh
- take photographs, tape recordings
- read newspapers or magazines
while the court is in session.
In other words, be SILENT and pay ATTENTION
6. Be punctual!
- Be in the courtroom before each session of the court.
- Bow to the judge when you enter or leave the courtroom to show respect.
- Enter or leave at the appropriate time to avoid disturbance.
NEVER show disrespect to the court or you’ll risk being found in contempt of court.