Unhappy With Government Bodies? Go to PCB!about 2 years ago
What is the Public Complaints Bureau?
The Public Complaints Bureau (PCB), under the Prime Minister’s Department, was set up to handle public complaints made by the public towards any government administrative action that are considered as:
- not in accordance with the existing laws and regulations
- abuse of power
- maladministration by Government agencies
What can you complain about?
These are but a few examples of the complaints you can lodge with PCB:
- Inland Revenue Board (IRB) not paying back income tax credit balance within 2 months.
- SOCSO failing to pay compensation
- Lack of public amenities
- Public officers taking bribes
- Misconduct of public servants
- Failure of government agencies to adhere to set procedures
PCB can investigate all complaints on government administration except:
- Government policies and matters that are under the authority of Public Accounts Committee, Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) and Legal Aid Department
- Family disputes/personal problems
- Civil claim involving individual /company
- Complaints against private bodies/companies not associated with the Government
How do you lodge a complaint?
are several ways to make a complaint:
- Telephone:03-8000 8000
- Fax:03-8888 7778
- Send an SMS to 15888: BPA ADUAN (your complaint) and send to 15888
- Send a letter (stamps not required) to:
Director General, Public Complaints Bureau,
Prime Minister's Department,
P.O. Box 9000
- Come to PCB's counter in:
Designated districts under the Mobile Complaints Counter (MCC), Integrated Mobile Complaints Counter (IMCC), and MESRA Rakyat Program as announced through PCB's Portal and the mass media.
- PCB Kiosks
Remember, it’s way better to channel your complaints to the appropriate body, rather than just constantly whining about them on Facebook or Twitter!
Pic credits: borneopost