The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and any or all Agreements. The term ‘IRR Legal’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is [address]. Our company registration number is [company registration number and place of registration]. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- You hereby represent and warrant that you have read these Website Conditions.
- You have the necessary legal capacity, right, power and authority to agree to these Website Conditions.
- www.asklegal.my reserves the right to change, modify, suspend or discontinue the whole or any portion of the Services or Website at any time. www.asklegal.my may also impose limits on certain features or restrict your access to parts or the entire Services or Website without notice or liability.
- www.asklegal.my may from time to time vary or amend these Website Conditions by posting the amended Website Conditions at this Website. Any use of the Services after the amendment of these Website Conditions will be deemed to be acceptance of the amended Website Conditions by you. If you do not agree to the amended Website Conditions, you have the right to terminate your Subscription and/or cease using the Services.
- In this Agreement, the following definitions shall apply unless the context does not permit such application:
- The words "include" and "including" shall not be construed as having any limiting effect.
- The headings in this Agreement do not have any legal effect nor shall they affect the construction of this Agreement in any way.
- Website and Services
- The Website is owned and maintained by IRR Legal.
- IRR Legal may offer one or more of the following services on or through this Website (each a "Service" and collectively the "AskLegal Services"):
- [please provide]
- any other features, content or applications that IRR Legal may offer on or through the website from time to time in its sole and absolute discretion
- You acknowledge and agree that to access and use certain Services, you will be required to register as a Subscriber and additionally shall be bound to comply with the Subscription conditions in addition to these Website Conditions.
- Content Use Conditions
- You may for your personal use or in connection with the provision of bona fide professional advice:
- retrieve and display www.asklegal.my Content on any compatible device owned by you;
- print reasonable copies of www.asklegal.my Content on paper; and
- store such www.asklegal.my Content in electronic form on disk or on a mobile device owned by you (but not on any server or other storage device connected to a network).
- You may not modify, adapt, translate, publish, display, transmit, broadcat, podcast, webcast, distribute, sell, trade or exploit for any commercial or other purposes, any portion of, or any access to:
- any www.asklegal.my Service;
- the Website;
- any www.asklegal.my Content except, to the extent permitted, with the prior written consent of IRR Legal or unless expressly permitted in these Website Conditions.
- You may not decompile, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to discover the source code of any www.asklegal.my Content available on the Website or through a Service except under the specific circumstances expressly permitted by law or IRR Legal in writing.
- Intellectual Property
- All IP conceived, developed, comprising, embodied in, or practiced in connection with the Website and www.asklegal.my Services, including all text, graphics, logos, icons, trademarks, service marks, domain names, video and sound recordings, data compilations, computer programs and computer code, are owned by IRR Legal or its licensors and shall not be reproduced, modified, adapted, distributed, published, displayed, uploaded, broadcast, posted, transmitted or hyperlinked in any manner and in any form without the prior written approved of IRR Legal or its licensors. You acknowledge and agree that you have no right, title or interest in or to the Website or the www.asklegal.my Services and will not challenge the ownership or right of IRR Legal or its licensors thereto.
- "IP" means any ideas, data, inventions, discoveries, developments, enhancements, works of authorship, computer programs, databases and technical, business and other information, and any propery rights protected under the patent, copyright, mask work rights, trade secret, trademark or other intellectual property or moral rights laws of any state or national government, including all rights under any registrations issued now or in the future by any governmental authority with respect to the same, and all rights under any pending applications for registration filed now or in the future, in any part of the world.
- The domain name on which the Website is hosted on is the sole property of IRR Legal and you may not use or otherwise adopt a similar name for your own use.
- Online Conduct
- You hereby undertake:
- to comply with these Website Conditions, and such other notices or guidelines that may be posted on the Website by IRR Legal from time to time (which are hereby incorporated by reference into these Website Conditions);
- not to use any www.asklegal.my Content or www.asklegal.my Services for any unlawful purpose, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, copyright law;
- not to hack into, interfere with, disrupt, disable, over-burden or otherwise impair the proper working of the Website, www.asklegal.my Services or Servers, which shall include but it not limited to denial-of-service attacks, spoof attacks, session hacking, sniffing, tampering, reverse engineering or reprogramming.
- Disclaimers & Limitations
- The information on this web site is provided on an "as is" basis. To the fullest extent permitted by law, IRR Legal:
- excludes all representations and warranties relating to this website and its contents or which is or may be provided by any affiliates or any other third party, including in relation to any inaccuracies or omissions in this website and/or IRR Legal literature; and
- excludes all liability for damages arising out of or in connection with your use of this website. This includes, without limitation, direct loss, loss of business or profits (whether or not the loss of such profits was foreseeable, arose in the normal course of things or you have advised IRR Legal of the possibility of such potential loss), damage caused to your computer, computer software, systems and programs and the data thereon or any other direct or indirect, consequential and incidental damages.
- IRR Legal does not however exclude liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence. The above exclusions and limitations apply only to the extent permitted by law. None of your statutory rights as a consumer are affected.
- THE WEBSITE AND THE WWW.ASKLEGAL.MY SERVICES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ALL DATA, INFORMATION, CONTENT OR OTHER MATTER THEREBY MADE AVAILABLE) ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IRR LEGAL DISCLAIMS ALL REPRESENTATIONS, CONDITIONS AND WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN RELATION TO THE WEBSITE AND WWW.ASKLEGAL.MY SERVICES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ALL IMPLIED CONDITIONS AND WARRANTIES OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON- INFRINGEMENT.
- IRR Legal does not warrant that the Website and www.asklegal.my Services will meet your requirements or that the Website and www.asklegal.my Services will be accurate, complete, reliable, timely, secure or error-free or perform in an uninterrupted manner or be free from viruses, Trojan horses, worms, software bombs or any other malware or be free from defects of any kind, or that the use of the Website or the www.asklegal.my Services will not harm any data or computing system. IRR Legal shall not be liable in any way whatsoever for any losses, damage, fees, costs or expenses arising out of or in connection with the use of or reliance on the Website or www.asklegal.my Services (including without limitation all data, information, content or other matter thereby made available) or any downtime or service outage affecting them.
- The data and information made available on the Website do not purport, and shall not in any way be deemed, to constitute an offer or provision of any legal, professional or expert advice. You should at all time consult a qualified expert or professional adviser to obtain advice and independent verification of the information and data contained herein before acting on it.
- You agree that:
- IRR Legal shall be entitled at any time, at its sole and absolute discretion and without prior notice, to add to, vary, terminate, withdraw or suspend the operation of the whole or any part or feature of the Website or www.asklegal.my Services without assigning any reason; and
- access to or the operation of the Website, Servers and/or the www.asklegal.my Services may from time to time be interrupted or encounter technical or other problems and may not necessarily continue uninterrupted or without technical or other errors, and in any such event, IRR Legal shall not be liable for any loss, liability or damage which may be incurred as a result.
- Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall IRR Legal be liable for any indirect, special, consequential, or incidental damages that result from the use of or the inability to use, www.asklegal.my Content, www.asklegal.my Services, Website, or any other website.
- Linked Sites
- www.asklegal.my may provide links to other websites ("Linked Sites") that may be of relevance and interest to users. www.asklegal.my has no control over, and is not responsible for the content on the Linked Sites or for any damage you may incur from the Linked Sites (including any virus, spyware, malware, worms, errors or damaging material contained in the Linked Sites) or the availability of any content on the Linked Sites, and you hereby irrevocably waive any claim against us with respect to the Linked Sites. You further acknowledge and agree that IRR Legal shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such web sites or services. We strongly advise you to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any Linked Sites or services that you visit.
- Data Use & Privacy
- You agree that IRR Legal has the right in its sole and absolute discretion and without notice to restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to all or any part of the Website or www.asklegal.my Services, without assigning any reason whatsoever, including without limitation if you breach the terms and conditions herein. All provisions of the Terms which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
- Jurisdictional Issues
- This Website is owned and operated by IRR Legal in Malaysia. IRR Legal makes no representation that the Contents of the Website are appropriate or available for use in your location. Those who choose to access this Website from any location do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
- You agree to indemnify and hold IRR Legal, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, partners, and employees, harmless from all claims, demands, actions, proceedings, liabilities (including statutory liability and liability to third parties), penalties, and costs (including without limitation, legal costs on a full indemnity basis), awards, losses and/or expenses, due to or arising out of:
- any use of the Website or any Service;
- your connection to the Website;
- your breach of any terms and conditions of these Website Conditions;
- your violation of any rights of another person or entity; or
- your breach of any statutory requirement, duty or law.
- Relationsip of Parties
- Nothing in these Website Conditions shall constitute or be deemed to constitute an agency, partnership or join venture between IRR Legal and you and neither party shall have any authority to bind the other in any way.
- Force Majeure
- No party shall be liable for any failure to perform its obligations under this Agreement if the failure results from a Force Majeure Event (defined below), provided always that whenever possible, the affected party will resume that obligation as soon as the Force Majeure Event occasioning the failure ceases or abates.
- For purposes of this Agreement, a "Force Majeure Event" is an event which is a circumstances or event beyond the reasonable control of a party which affects the general public in that party's country or in the territory, and which results in the party being unable to observe or perform on time an obligation under this Agreement.
- Governing Law & Jurisdiction
- These Website Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Malaysian, and any disputes relating to these Terms and Conditions will be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Malaysia.
- IRR Legal failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms and Conditions will not be considered a waiver of those rights. If any provision of these Term and Condition is held to be invalid of unenforceable by a court, the remaining provisions will remain in effect. These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between us regarding our Service, and supersede ad replace any prior agreements we might have between us regarding the Service.
"Application" means an application for subscription to AskLegal Services.
"Agreement" means the agreement formed by these Website Conditions and in the case of a Subscriber, by these Website Conditions, and the Subscription conditions.
"Content" means materials, information, news, advertisements, listings, data, text, audio, video, pictures, graphics, software, blogs, webcasts, podcasts, broadcasts, messages, comments, suggestions, ideas and other content.
"AskLegal Content" means all Content that is made available on or via this Website.
"Linked Sites" is defined in CLause 8.1
"IRR Legal" means IRR Legal Sdn Bhd
"Servers" means the computer software, systems and servers hosting, operating, managing, providing or contributing to the Website and the Services.
"Services" is defined in Clause 3.2
"Subscriber" means a person with a Subscription
"Subscription" means the package of AskLegal Services made available to a Subscriber, whether pursuant to an Application or otherwise.
"Website" means AskLegal website (www.asklegal.my) containing the link to these Terms & Conditions.