As part of IRR Legal Sdn Bhd (IRR Legal) compliance to Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA 2010”) and commitment towards the protection of our customer's personal information, IRR Legal has put in place a personal data protection and compliance principles and framework ("Framework") in which IRR Legal stands guided by in the provision of our products and services to our members/customers/clients ("Products and Services").
IRR Legal consists of www.asklegal.my and any other Web site that we identify as a part of IRR Legal, the mobile versions of our Web Sites, and any apps that we offer (for example, including but not limited to apps available through iTunes, Google Play Store and on Facebook).
IRR Legal is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
A. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- The Personal Data about you which we may collect via print and digital channels (including but not limited to Website, Social Media and Mobile Apps) includes:
- information collected when you register as member or update an online profile or when you fill in or update your information with us, which may include personal data such as your name, age, gender and contact details;
- information about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by IRR Legal. This information includes your IP address, browse type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses;
- information input or submitted to online facilities such as search tools, and calculators;
- personalisation preferences you select as you use the www.asklegal.my platforms;
- information submitted if you participate in survey or competition whether via online or otherwise;
- any messages or comments you submit to us via www.asklegal.my Website or in whatever manner, which may include personal data such as name, email address and telephone number;
- surveys conducted to better target our contents to our audience; and
- the contents of all forms and/or documents submitted and/or collected by IRR Legal.
B. PURPOSES OF PROCESSING
- By providing any of your Personal Data to IRR Legal whether via online or otherwise, you hereby agree that IRR Legal shall collect, retain and use the Personal Data for the following purposes:
- providing you with services or benefits you have requested; and/or
- processing your membership application; and/or
- inform you of other products and services available from www.asklegal.my and its affiliates; and/or
- conducting surveys on your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered;
- purposes connected with the operation, administration, development, record-keeping or enhancement IRR Legal business including for the purpose of which is relevant to support and/or assist in any of IRR Legal’s businesses or www.asklegal.my Website; and/or
- purposes connected with the administration, management and/or enforcement of the commercial transaction and for contact and communication with you; and/or
- where required by law, where IRR Legal consider that such use or disclosure is necessary to respond to any claims or legal process; and/or
- where a third party requires in order for such third party to perform functions or services as required by IRR Legal; and/or
- enabling the IRR Legal or where a third party requires in order for such third party to perform functions or obligations as required under the laws, rules, regulations, by laws and/or guidelines (whether or not having the force of law) or as required by any governmental and/or non-governmental authorities, agencies or departments or a third party requires in order to ensure compliance with agreement(s) or document(s); and/or
- making such disclosures as may be required for any of the above purposes or by law.
- If you do not consent to IRR Legal processing your Personal Data for the purposes listed in Section 2, please notify IRR Legal using the contact details stated in Section (P) below.
C. USE AND DISCLOSURE
- You further agree that IRR Legal may disclose and transfer (whether in Malaysia or abroad) amongst any company within IRR Legal and/or to third parties including but not limited to IRR Legal’s agents, consultants, employers, suppliers, partners, joint venture partners, advertisers, network operators, service providers, lawyerd companies, any relevant authorities, statutory bodies, regulatory bodies, organisations or, any other persons under a duty of confidentiality to IRR Legal or any company within IRR Legal, (including those established or incorporated from time to time) service providers (including those who assist us in providing/developing/maintaining IRR Legal Website and digital platforms), for the IRR Legal’s operational, administration and development requirements and to organizations who provide archival, professional advisory, marketing, advertising, research, and security services to use, disclose, hold, process, retain or transfer such Personal Data for the purposes of (B) above for and on behalf of IRR Legal.
- We may disclose to third-party service providers who provide services to us, or who assist us to improve our data or our services or to better understand their value to our visitors or to the companies with which we do business; or to other third parties if we determine that disclosure of such information:
- is or may be required by law or legal process;
- is or may be reasonably necessary to enforce the IRR Legal Membership Agreement or User Agreement, or to take appropriate action if a visitor is determined by us to have breached either of those agreements; or
- is or may be reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, IRR Legal, our visitors or other individuals or entities.
- We may use your Personal Information to customize or enhance your experience on the IRR Legal (including the display of advertisements) and communications related to our products or services or those of third parties. In addition, we may use other information we may have about you (such as your IP address) or your use of IRR Legal (such as which pages you have visited) for those purposes and, as described below under Third-Party Advertisement Servers for the purpose of facilitating the serving of targeted advertisements for IRR Legal on other Web sites.
- RR Legal uses and discloses aggregated non-personally identifying information collected by us as part of IRR Legal process of constantly improving the www.asklegal.my Website, our business and/or IRR Legal business.
However, you will have the opportunity at any time to "opt-out" of receiving future promotional and marketing communications from us either (i) by following the instructions located at the bottom of any e-mail we send you, (ii) by sending a request to us through our Contact Us form, or (iii) by sending us a request by email to:
EMAIL ADDRESS: [email protected]
D. IMPACT OF NON PROVISION OF PERSONAL DATA
- Please note that in the event that sufficient Personal Data is not supplied, or is not satisfactory to IRR Legal then your application or request to IRR Legal for any of the above purposes as set out in (B) above may not be accepted or acted upon or your request to browse some information on www.asklegal.my Website may be denied or IRR Legal will not be able to provide the full range of benefits and/or services and/or perform its obligations under any potential or existing contract with you.
E. RIGHT OF ACCESS TO PERSONAL DATA
- Under the Act, you have the right of access to your Personal Data held by IRR Legal on payment of a prescribed fee and you may request that IRR Legal correct any of your Personal Data that is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, subject to any applicable legal restrictions and contractual conditions.
If you have any questions regarding this Privacy Notice or if you wish to request access to your Personal Data or if you wish to correct your Personal Data or if you wish to withdraw your consent to IRR Legal for the processing of your Personal Data for the purposes as set out in (B) above, you may send your request in writing by email to the following address:
EMAIL ADDRESS: [email protected]
- We will comply with your request for access or correction of your personal data and we will provide you with a readable copy of the personal data that we keep about you, within 21 days, although we will require proof of your identity before disclosing that data. If compliance with the request is not possible within the 21 day period, you will be informed of such inability to comply and the reasons for such non-compliance. In any event the request will be adhered to within 14 days from the expiration of the initial 21 day period. We allow you to challenge the data that we hold on you and, where appropriate, you may have the data: erased, rectified, amended or completed. To the extent permitted by law, we reserve the right to refuse to provide our visitors with a copy of their personal data or correct their personal data, but will give reasons for our refusal.
F. STORAGE AND RETENTION OF THE PERSONAL DATA
- Your Personal Data shall be stored either in hard copies in IRR Legal offices or stored in servers located in or outside Malaysia and operated by IRR Legal or its service providers in or outside Malaysia.
- Any Personal Data supplied by you will be retained by IRR Legal as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes stated in (B) above or is required to satisfy any legal, regulatory and/or accounting requirements or to protect IRR Legal interests.
- IRR Legal does not offer any online facilities for you to delete your Personal Data held by the Group. If your personal information is no longer required under the purpose stated in (B) and/or (C), then we will destroy it by purging it from our electronic, manual, and other filing systems according to our internal procedures and schedules.
G. HOW WE HANDLE EMAIL AND “CONTACT US” MESSAGES
- IRR Legal may preserve the content of any email or "Contact us" or other electronic message that IRR Legal or www.asklegal.my Web Site receives.
- Any personal data contained in those messages will only be used or disclosed in ways set out in this Privacy Notice.
- The message content may be monitored by IRR Legal service providers or employees for purposes including compliance, auditing and maintenance or where email abuse is suspected.
H. NON-PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED AUTOMATICALLY
- When you access www.asklegal.my Website, IRR Legal may automatically (i.e., not by registration) collect non-personal data (e.g. type of Internet browser and operating system used, domain name of the website from which you came, number of visits, average time spent on the site, pages viewed).
- IRR Legal may use this data and share it with the rest of its staff to monitor the attractiveness of www.asklegal.my Website and to improve their performance or content.
- When you view www.asklegal.my Website, IRR Legal may store some data on your computer in the form of a "cookie" to automatically recognize your personal computer next time you visit.
- Cookies can help IRR Legal in many ways, for example, by allowing IRR Legal to tailor a website to better match your interests or to store your password to save you having to re-enter it each time.
- If you do not wish to receive cookies, please configure your Internet browser to erase all cookies from your computer's hard drive, block all cookies or to receive a warning before a cookie is stored.
- Personal Data held by IRR Legal will be kept confidential in accordance with this Privacy Notice pursuant to PDPA 2010 and any applicable law that may from time to time be in force.
- Any questions, comments, suggestions or information other than Personal Data submitted to us in whatever manner (including those sent or posted in www.asklegal.my Website) will be deemed voluntarily provided to IRR Legal on a non-confidential and non-proprietary basis.
- IRR Legal reserves the right to use, reproduce, disclose, transmit, publish, broadcast and/or post elsewhere such information freely as set out in (C) above.
K. SAFETY OF PERSONAL DATA
- IRR Legal uses a number of mechanisms to protect the security and integrity of your Personal Data in accordance with the PDPA 2010 and any applicable regulations.IRR Legal follows strict security procedures in order that the data we collect is stored and disclosed appropriately and securely.
- For the internet, unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as completely secure. So while IRR Legal strives to protect such Personal Data, IRR Legal cannot ensure or warrant the security of any Personal Data transmitted to the IRR Legal and you do so at your own risk. Once any Personal Data comes into IRR Legal’s possession it will take reasonable steps to protect that information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
- A username and password may be essential for you to use some sections of the www.asklegal.my Website. For your own protection, IRR Legal requires you to keep these confidential and to change your password regularly (if required).
- Unfortunately the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
L. TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
- Due to the global nature of IRR Legal’s business, IRR Legal may transfer your Personal Data to the other members of IRR Legal (which may be located in other countries) or to any parties located in other countries (including countries that have a different data protection regime than is found in the country where you are based). Any Personal Data transferred shall be used for the purposes as set out in (B) above and disclosed to parties stated in (C) above.
- www.asklegal.my Website and its social media sites (including Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin) may contain links to third-party sites and pages for your convenience. By activating a link, such as for example by clicking on the banner of an advertiser, you leave www.asklegal.my Website and www.asklegal.my does not exercise control over any Personal Data or any other information you give to any other entity after you have left www.asklegal.my Website.
N. OTHER WEBSITES
O. HOW TO CONTACT US
For enquiries, please mail or call us at:
IRR Legal Sdn Bhd [Co. No. 1147364-M]
D-3A-8 Parklane Commercial Hub
Jalan SS7/26 Kelana Jaya
47301 Petaling Jaya
Tel: +603 7499 2048.
Fax: +603 7887 0513.
IRR Legal shall have the right to modify, update or amend the terms of this Notice at any time by placing the updated Notice on the Website. By continuing to communicate with www.asklegal.my or by continuing to use IRR Legal’s services following the modifications, updates or amendments to this Notice shall signify your acceptance of such modifications, updates or amendments.