Toddler Scalded By Tom Yam Soup
KOTA BHARU: The Sessions Court in Kota Bharu has
ordered a kindergarten to pay RM403,018.74 compensation to a five-year-old toddler
for the former’s negligence after the plaintiff was scalded by hot tom yam soup
two years ago.
Judge Adli Abd Ghalib allowed the
suit filed by Nur Ashikin Md Ariffin, who is the mother of the five-year-old
victim, Nur Airish Daniesya Norizal.
Nur Ashikin had sought for RM500,000 compensation against the defendant, Minda Elit Kindergarten, for their negligence that caused her daughter to suffer from burns and physical pain following the incident.
The court ordered the defendant to
pay a sum of RM403,018.74 in compensation and damages to the
During the trial, Nur
Ashikin told the court that she was shocked upon seeing her child at the hospital
following the incident as Nur Airish
appeared weak and suffered burns all over her body, including the face.
Pic credit: Kosmo